Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Let's Catch Up

The beginning of this summer has been a whirlwind. 
Of greatness. Let's catch up a bit, shall we?

I started my internship at Maison Luxe and it's been nothing short of awesome. Every day is a little different, which I love! Lately we've spent a lot of time getting ready for our upcoming One King's Lane sale. I've done a variety of things, from running errands to showrooms, visiting a client's home, hauling cute ottomans up to the office, helping out at a photoshoot, and gluing flowers back on a broken chandelier. Just to name a few :) I'm loving it.




In this midst of all of this, I've been going back and forth from my parent's house to my my mostly empty rental house in Seattle, which has no internet ALL MONTH. Which is why my blogging has been so nonexistent lately (oops), but thank goodness for free wi-fi at coffee shops.


But we packed up that house...and we're now in our DREAM of a new rental house (with internet again, praise the Lord). It's so nice to be getting settled. I can't wait to show you guys pictures of it once we get all moved in!


There's also been a lot happening over at my parent's house! I haven't talked about this much on my blog (yet!), but I started a church with my family 3 years ago. Ever since then, I've been going home every weekend to help with the church and hang out with my family. It's a time I look forward to every week. I'll do a whole separate post about that sometime...it's a big part of my life! But for NOW, here's what has been happenin' at home. I'm blessed to have a mom that shares my love of interior design. My mom, sister and I spend a lot of time when I'm home talking about design ideas, paint colors, and other fun designy things. 


Right now we're repurposing a few rooms in our house, which means my room is changing locations, which means I get to pick a new paint color and redecorate a little! I'm still deciding, but I'll be sure to show when I choose!


We're also getting a new sectional soon so we've been picking out the fabric for it! We chose the gray/blue extreeemely soft one on the bottom of this pic. The white and gray fabric will be the pillows, and the yellow is just to show how cute the couch could be with a yellow lamp next to it! Cute, right?! We have lots of fun projects at the house coming up so we're psyched. 

Anyways, that's a little of what has been going on over here lately :) Hope you are all having a wonderful week!

5 comments:

Lindsay @ Me, Ed and Pea said...

Wow lots going on :) Your internship sounds like so much fun!!

Maria M. said...

I'm so glad that you are loving your internship -- it sounds like so much fun! And that fireplace of yours is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see how you decorate your new place! Thanks for giving us the update!

Diane Streicher @ Diane Again said...

Long live the Manor! I miss it already.

Maria M. said...

Hey, Courtney -- PS: Are you in need of a whale blazer?!?! ;-) http://www.cocokelley.com/2012/07/plaids-and-whales/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FmCAtj+%28coco%2Bkelley%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Unknown said...

Hi Courtney, I met your blog looking for ideas for my home. I'm making some changing to it, and I'm so excited. I like your blog, as I'm an architect and I'm so interested in interior design, even though I'm working in visual display right now.